ywcaencore is a FREE 8-week program designed specifically for women who have experience breast cancer at any time in their lives. Incorporating gentle exercises, relaxation techniques, information and support, it i safe, fun and therapeutic.
The exercise program has been designed by medical specialists to target areas that have been affected by breast cancer surgery and treatment. Gentle, but effective exercises improve strength, mobility and flexibility while the warm water in the hydrotherapy sessions relieve affected muscles. The classes provide an opportunity for women to share their experiences in a safe and supportive environment.
Participation is free, is by enrollment only, and medical approval is required.
2015 Spring Session
When: 8 week session runs Monday evenings 6:30pm – 8:30pm, April 13, 2015 through June 1, 2015
Where: Talbot Trail Physiotherapy, located within St. Thomas Elgin General Hospital, 189 Elm St, St. Thomas
To register, contact the YWCA St. Thomas Elgin at 519-631-9800
What you can expect?
- a small group environment
- a fully trained ywcaencore coordinator
- a structured 2-hour program consisting of gentle land and water based exercises, support and information
- guest speakers and links to other service providers
- relaxation and meditation
- take home exercises and information
Where is the ywcaencore offered?
How can ywcaencore help?
- improve mobility and flexibility in arms and shoulders
- improve general fitness and well-being
- boost self-esteem and self-image
- relieve discomfort associated with surgery and treatments
- reduce the potential risk of lymphoedema
- assist in the management of lymphoedema
- improve cardiovascular and respiratory health
- minimize fatigue as a result of treatment
- create a positive attitude towards life and health
How do I know ywcaencore is right for me?