BEFORE & AFTER SCHOOL CHILDCARE
What does School Age Childcare look like?
- Creative Arts and Crafts
- Sports, Recreation & Outdoor Play
- Dramatic Play
- Centre Based Play
- Promotion of good citizenship and school involvement
- Nutritious Snacks
- Maximum staff ratio 1:15 and 1:10 for JK/SK classroom
- Licensed childcare through the Ministry of Education
Our School Age Childcare Programs:
- Engage children in cooperative play activities
- Help children feel safe before and after school
- Reduce transportation concerns
- Provide a reliable childcare program at the child’s school
Programs available at:
- Elgin Court (Full Day Kindergarten to Grade 8)
- McGregor (Full Day Kindergarten to Grade 8)
- Mitchell Hepburn (JK/SK and Grade 1-8)
- Southwold (Full Day Kindergarten to Grade 8)
- New Sarum (Full Day Kindergarten to Grade 8)
- Springfield Public School (Full Day Kindergarten to Grade 8) (After School only at this time)
Access our Before and After School Childcare Program Parent Handbook here.
Click here for a PDF copy of our Registration Form.
Click here for our Pre-Authorized Credit Enrollment Form.
Registration now open for existing B&A families. Registration opens July 2nd for new families to join our exciting programs. As always, our registration is still first come first served.
Please note: Mitchell Hepburn Public School has been recently expanded our 6-12 year old classroom to accommodate more families!
For more information on these programs, please call the YWCA at 519-631-9800
PA Day & Holiday Camps
The YWCA Day Camp program is a recreational program full of many adventures! Each day, children experience learning opportunities, fun activities, and PLAY WITH A PURPOSE! For more information or to register, please contact the YWCA at 519-631-9800