BEFORE & AFTER SCHOOL CHILDCARE
What does School Age Childcare look like?
- Creative Arts and Crafts
- Sports, Recreation & Outdoor Play
- Dramatic Play
- Centre Based Play
- Promotion of good citizenship and school involvement
- Nutritious Snacks
- Maximum staff ratio 1:15 and 1:10 for JK/SK classroom
- Accredited through Parks and Recreation High Five program
- Licensed childcare through the Ministry of Education
Our School Age Childcare Programs:
- Engage children in cooperative play activities
- Help children feel safe before and after school
- Reduce transportation concerns
- Provide a reliable childcare program at the child’s school
Programs available at:
- Elgin Court (Full Day Kindergarten to Grade 8)
- McGregor (Full Day Kindergarten to Grade 8)
- Mitchell Hepburn (JK/SK and Grade 1-8)
- Southwold (Full Day Kindergarten to Grade 8)
- New Sarum (Full Day Kindergarten to Grade 8)
- Springfield Public School Coming Fall 2013! (Full Day Kindergarten to Grade 8)
Access our Before and After School Childcare Program Parent Handbook here.
Click here for a PDF copy of our Registration Form.
Click here for our Pre-Authorized Credit Enrollment Form.
For more information on these programs, please call the YWCA at 519-631-9800
YWCA Summer Adventure Camp
Registration Now OPEN!
The YWCA offers a dynamic Summer Day Camp program for school age children with locations in St.Thomas and Aylmer to serve your family. Each day is filled with exciting activities, swimming, water play, crafts, games and sports! Children attend a weekly day trip and are joined regularly by special guests. The YWCA hires qualified Summer Camp Staff, who have been trained in the High Five Principles for Healthy Child Development.
Exciting update: In addition to our High Five Accreditation, YWCA Summer Adventure Camp is in the process of Day Nursery Act Licensing for our Summer Camp Programs at June Rose Callwood and Davenport Public Schools!
Important Information about Registration:
Registrations are made at our St.Thomas or Aylmer Locations: 16 Mary St. W; St.Thomas or 25 Centre St. Aylmer (Aylmer Community Services Office.)
Click here for a copy of our 2013 Registration Form*.
For our Camper Schedule* click here.
For important information about our Summer Adventure Camp that every family should know, please review our Parent Handbook.
Payments can be made by Cash, Cheque or Pre-Authorized Credit Card. Payment required to secure a spot. Subsidies are available for those who qualify. Call the YWCA for more information!
*Indicates mandatory paperwork that requires completion prior to registration. To save time, print off these forms and bring them with you to register.
PA Day & Holiday Camps
The YWCA Day Camp program is a recreational program full of many adventures! Each day, children experience learning opportunities, fun activities, and PLAY WITH A PURPOSE! For more information or to register, please contact the YWCA at 519-631-9800
Upcoming Day Camps for 2012/2013:
PA Day Camps: April 19, June 7
March Break Camp: March 11-15
Click here for our P.A Day and March Break Camp Flyer
HIGH FIVE® Quality Assurance