As of June 1st, registration is now open to new families looking for Before & After School care at the following schools:
- Elgin Court Public School
- McGregor Public School
- Mitchell Hepburn Public School
- New Sarum Public School
- Southwold Public School
- Springfield Public School
- Straffordville Public School (New this year!)
- Summers’ Corners Public School
Registrations are being done online at https://ca.apm.activecommunities.com/ywcastthomaselgin/
If you already have a family profile set up, you are good to go – otherwise, please make sure you have the following information ready, in order to set up your account:
- Email address (this will be used as your login for accessing the system).
- Workplace phone number and complete mailing address for all parents/guardians (required by Ministry licensing)
- Child’s Doctor’s full name, mailing address and phone number (if you do not currently have a family doctor, please enter N/A)
- Two (2) emergency contacts (not parents or guardians, who need to be entered as family members). Please note that we will always call the parents/guardians FIRST. Emergency contacts will only be used if you cannot be reached.
- If your child has anaphylaxis, please have a picture of your child ready to upload (required).
- Credit card or banking information as per the sample provided here.
You’re ready to go!
Go to https://ca.apm.activecommunities.com/ywcastthomaselgin/ and click on the “Create Account” link
Make sure you choose the 2017/2018 school year when selecting your school!
You will then choose the appropriate age group for your child. This will be JK/SK or 6-12. Please note that the 6-12 group will be divided into specific programs based on enrollment, and parents will be notified as to room assignments. Some of the schools with smaller programs run a blended program.
You will then select the care you need from the following options:
Full Time Care
- AM & PM
- AM only
- PM only
Part Time Care (if you need 12 or more days per month, it will be more cost effective for you to register into the Full Time program)
- AM & PM
- AM only
- PM only
When selecting Part Time Care – you will be selecting each month as a whole, basically holding a full time spot. You will provide our office with your schedule, and you will be billed based on usage on the 15th of each month for the previous month’s care.
Please note that if you are planning on applying for, or have already been approved for, subsidy through Ontario Works – please make sure you select the Ontario Works (OW) stream for your program. If you are a Part Time family receiving subsidy, you will only be registered for the days that you are approved for subsidy. If you need care beyond your approval, please contact the office.
For Full Time families, you will be charged automatically on the 1st of each month using the method of payment that you have indicated. Your credit card / banking statements will show the payment under the name Active, which is the company that hosts our online registration system.
For Part Time and Ontario Works families, your billing will happen outside of the Active system. You will be billed, based on attendance, and your payment will be processed on the 15th of each month for the previous month’s usage.
Please note: If you have 3 or more children using our programs, you will receive a 50% discount on your childcare fees for the third (and subsequent) child. The system administrator will manually adjust your fees and payment plan to reflect this prior to your first payment being taken.
If you have any questions regarding the registration process, please email our system administrator at email@example.com
If you have questions regarding our childcare programs in general, please call our office at 519-631-9800 and ask to speak to one of our Childcare Coordinators.
Welcome to the YWCA! We look forward to seeing your children in our programs!